Sunday, July 18, 2010

Simple Happiness

"I keep remembering one of my Guru`s teachings about happiness. She says that people universally tend to think that happiness is a stroke of luck, something that will maybe descend upon you like fine weather if you`re fortunate enough. But that`s not how happiness works. Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings. And once you have achieved a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it, you must make a mighty effort to keep swimming upward into that happiness forever, to stay afloat on top of it. If you don`t, you will leak away your innate contentment. It`s easy enough to pray when you`re in distress but continuing to pray even when your crisis has passed is like a sealing process, helping your soul hold tight to its good attainments." (Taken from Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert)

Yesterday, i have a time to meet my cousin`s wife.
We had a lunch with a good conversations about happiness.
We talked about some people, who bought their happiness with money.
They bought an expensive house or a brand new car to make them happy.
They try to show it to other people, and when people respect them
(cause they have a lot of money),it makes them feel more happier.
But, they forget something, you cannot buy your own happiness with money,
no matter how rich you are, no matter how much money you have.
Thats why, i do believe, that money isn`t my first priority.
Happiness for me, its not about your new house,
its not about your new car, or not even about your brand new Hermes bag.
And how about me?
I`m a simple person, and I do feel happy with a simple things.
With a cup of coffee every morning, while my son still sleeping, or
With a morning yoga class, or having my scrapbooking me time, or
While playing with my son, or
While having a quality conversations with my husband before we feel asleep.
Thats it. Thats simple.
And i hope i will happy all the time,
i will happy when i get old,
i will happy when i see my son (and my future kid)
feel happy with their great life, and
i will happy when i still sleep in one bed with my husband now.

Happy sunday :)


No comments: